Grid Development and Editing
Tools for ADCIRC Meshing
SMS is a commercial Windows-based graphical program for creating, editing, viewing, and running various models, including ADCIRC. It is popular with ADCIRC users due to its features and support for ADCIRC file formats. More information is available from parent company Aquaveo here and here.
It can be used as an end-to-end pre-processor for ADCIRC:
- Generating the mesh.
- Checking for and editing the mesh to satisfy Courant constraints.
- Generating fort.13 file attributes.
- Generating fort.15 file, including automatic generation of tidal potential information and tidal elevation boundary conditions.
- Generating other input files such as fort.24 file.
- Storing the mesh and its attributes into a
- Plotting the mesh and its attributes using the generalized
- Writing the from the
mshclass container into the ASCII fort.xx input files.
Blue Kenue Contributor needed
- Pringle, W.J., Roberts, K.J., 2020. CHLNDDEV/OceanMesh2D: OceanMesh2D V3.0.0. doi:10.5281/zenodo.3721137
- Roberts, K.J., Pringle, W.J., Westerink, J.J., 2019. OceanMesh2D 1.0: MATLAB-based software for two-dimensional unstructured mesh generation in coastal ocean modeling. Geosci. Model Dev. 12, 1847–1868. doi:10.5194/gmd-12-1847-2019
- Roberts, K.J., Pringle, W.J., 2018. OceanMesh2D: User guide - Precise distance-based two-dimensional automated mesh generation. doi:10.13140/RG.2.2.21840.61446/1